Nov 10, 2018

takeshita-dori

Takeshita-dori in Harajuku is the street where humans flood. I remember how I learned about Harajuku as the place where weird and cool (read: fashionable) people go to, and it was one of the coolest shit I've ever encountered on the internet when I was younger. 

Today, Harajuku remains fashionable in my eyes with a slight drift away from the more experimental crazy styles (lolita/gyaru/visual-kei etc), or maybe it's just me be being overwhelmed with the retro craze. I guess styles like casual/norm core/street suit the modern life better.

Still the busiest station in my honest opinion. Getting on the Yamanote line on this station makes me feel like a sardine every time.


Aren't these the cutest billboards ever?

The station itself has a cute design too.

Went socks shopping. Japan has the cutest socks of all.




We got this at the Tokyo Tower so we didn't queue up this time.



We got tired after being pushed around (and pushing around) in the Saturday crowd, so we took a break after walking into one of the backstreets. 


The backstreets are filled mostly by expensive-looking hair salons.



I still love Harajuku for its chic-ness. Stay tuned for our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment