Jan 9, 2018

tokyo log : good morning daikanyama

Happy New Year!
Last year (three weeks ago) I visited another city of my dreams Tokyo, and thank goodness that I am keeping up to my new year's resolution and have been working on the photos whenever I had time. Like our previous trip to Kansai, I would love to keep a digital record here (so glad that I'm done with the hardcopy travelogue before I left home) so I can recall these memories all the time ☃

18.12.2017



We flew into Haneda in the midnight (which means more expensive and limited public transport into the city -something I didn't expect when I got those cheap air tickets), checked into our capsule hotel in Shibuya at 2 a.m., took a quick bath and slept in. I had to say, capsule hotels don't make you feel like sleeping in a coffin! Our capsule was pretty spacious, and given that we were tired we slept like a pig.

In the next morning we took another hot bath to keep ourselves warm in the 10 degrees weather. After checking out of our hotel, we left our luggage downstairs and took off to explore the city. Daikanyama was a 10-minute walk away so we headed there for breakfast.






Tsutaya Books is an iconic landmark that is hard to miss in Daikanyama. You can totally tell that I'm in love with that wall (and that dog leash hanger or whatever you call it). The bookstore is so beautifully designed that I wished I get to spend more time here, not just wandering around admiring the store but to feel deeper. Maybe next time I'll come back and get a cup of coffee at Starbucks, read a book, or write about something good.






I have more street view shots to share but I decided to keep the posts short to not bore you from reading them! Maybe I'll post them later, maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment