Aug 4, 2018

finding your name

I've been wanting to post this since zenzenzense (forgive my lame pun) and I had no idea why I left it in my drafts before I left for my second trip to Tokyo.
It was our final day in Tokyo, probably on the day of Christmas that we visited this place. 

My sister was really happy with her Nintendo Switch purchase at Akihabara earlier that she didn't mind to lug that bulk all the way here. What a happy kiddo.


Places where anime producers get their ideas/background settings are also known as sacred places (θ–εœ° in Japanese) in the otaku language, and they are just one click away from google. We had spare time and no idea where to go, so we decided to visit this spot at the very last minute. It's located in a quiet residential area, so we tried our best not to be the type of tourists that invade commoners' lives.

My photos didn't do this place justice, come with a wider lens and you'll thank me later.




Love these roads. I didn't bother to find the exact spots where Taki and Mitsuha met near the ending, but Makoto Shinkai sure did a great job at boosting Tokyo's tourism.







On the way out I almost banged my head on one of the lamp posts and I can't remember what was I doing.


Also I lost my Suica card on the road. Time for a better purse.

I even walked all they way back to the Family Mart from the station but still can't find it. It's a pity but that taught me another lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment